Friday, February 24, 2012

Musings

I know I haven't blogged in a while, I haven't been able to get out to do much birding.  Lately it has been VERY windy, so I don't know how good the birding would be if I did go out anyways.  So needless to say I'm waiting for the wind to die down then I'll make a trip to Standley Lake again.
For the time being, I have been looking at upgrading my digital camera.  So far I have two cameras that I really like and now need to 1- save up for and 2- choose between.  These would be the Canon PowerShot SX40HS and the Sony Cybershot HX100v.
With the addition of a Horned Lark on the 22nd, my month list is now up to 38 species.  I have 5 days(thanks to the leap day!) to find two more species so that I can exceed my 40 bird a month goal.
I can't wait for March to come around, as the waterfowl and shorebird migration will begin in Colorado.  Waterfowl are my favorite group of birds(hence why I like March for birding so much).  I will be sad to see my Buffleheads go, though, but excited to see the likes of Green-winged, Blue-winged and Cinnamon Teal, Northern Pintail, Western, Clark's, Horned and Eared Grebes and more, all in brilliant breeding plumage.

No comments:

Post a Comment