Sunday, February 26, 2012

From the Backyard

Birding was decent yesterday, though I didn't get out and go anywhere, birding from my parents house and driving yielded some nice species include Red-tailed Hawk, American Kestrel, Black-capped Chickadee and more.

I was able to do some photography at my parents house.

A Blue Jay atop the feeder pole.

A pair of House Finches waiting for the Jay to leave.

A male House Finch happily atop the recently vacated feeder pole.

A different male sliding down into a not-so-comfortable looking position.

Sliding further down.  He flew off moments later.

I missed getting a picture of the Slate-colored Juncos that were feeding on the ground at my parents place, but oh well, more picture opportunities will present themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment