Friday, January 4, 2013

Starting Off the New Year

Started off 2013 with...guess what...a Canada Goose.  Not quite the flashy first bird of the year like I had last year, when I was happily surprised to see a Brown Creeper to start off 2012.  But how else can you start off a new year list unless you first see a bird?  So far I am no where near close to my 234 birds of 2012, but I have not yet been able to get out to do any birding.   My list currently stands at 15 species for 2013.
Here is my 2013 list as it stands now:
Canada Goose
European Starling
Ring-billed Gull
House Finch
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
American Kestrel
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
House Sparrow
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker

My goals for 2013 are:
- See 200+ species this year
- Have a 100+ big day
- Keep this blog up to date and flowing with posts and photos!

Unlike last year, I am not going to keep month lists.  I did well on month lists up until July, when life got busy and I couldn't commit enough time to keeping up on my month lists.  So this year I am going to focus on enjoying the birds when I go out birding and keeping up my year list.

What are your 2013 birding goals?
-Daniel-

No comments:

Post a Comment