Wednesday, December 19, 2012

CBC and GBBC

One CBC down and one more to go! Of the five CBCs I have been on I have had a great time at each! Birded with great birders, saw many wonderful birds, have added a few life birds to my list as well as just had a great time outdoors.
Next CBC on the list! Roxborough State Park again on the 29th! Participated in last years CBC at Roxborough and had a wonderful time.  Saw around 30 species inculding Bald Eagle and Northern Shrike. Hope to see many more great birds this year!

I know it is still two months away but...never too early to start advertising the Great Backyard Bird Count! Last year my dad and I lead a bird walk at Two Ponds NWR for the GBBC and boy was that fun. In total, more than 104,000 lists were submitted with 623 total species seen and over 17 million individual birds counted! I was unable to submit or participate in any other counts over that weekend but this year I am looking forward to participating again!  For more information on the GBBC, click on one of the icons on the right of this blog!

Hope to see you all out there!
-Daniel-

No comments:

Post a Comment